This page contains design documents detailing components of wave.
- Model (Shared between client and Server)
Designs proposed here have been thoroughly thought out but not yet implemented. We're please to publish these proposals for feedback and to provide transparency about the future direction of the protocols.
- OT insertion order change
- Proposes changing the way concurrent insertions at the same offset are treated by operational transform, with the objective of simplifying development of data models embedded in wave documents.
- Explicit blip timestamps
- Proposes to replace implicit blip last-modified timestamps with a representation explicitly within wave data and an interpretation in the conversation model.
- Explicit blip contributors
- Proposes to replace implicit low-level blip contributors with a representation explicitly within wave data and an interpretation in the conversation model.
- Checkpoint-based recovery
- Proposes a library for recovering from failures based on commit checkpoints